Tiling is perhaps one of the most expensive parts of the bathroom renovation process. The task is quite laborious and time-consuming. One should never go wrong when installing each piece of style because a single mistake could actually cause serious damages in the future which can be very costly to correct.
Moreover, it is important that you choose high-quality tiles to make sure that they last long. Bear in mind that the bathroom floors and walls are always exposed to water. Even the tiniest cracks, chips, or inaccurate placement may allow water to get in. And when water infiltration starts, the damages could be irreversible. Poor quality tiles easily break and come off.
With this, it is of high importance to carefully choose the type of tile you use for your bathroom. Today, there are plenty of choices for bathroom tiles, and the following are just among the most popular options:
- Vinyl Tiles – Comfortable to step on barefooted, durable, and stylish – all rolled into one amazing flooring material. Choosing vinyl tiles is perhaps the most-cost-effective option there is today. Available in a variety of colours, styles, and textures that match any designs or themes you have.
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tiles – Competing with vinyl tiles are the ceramic and porcelain tiles in terms of durability and style. High-quality versions come with protective glaze that are perfect for bathroom walls and floors as it can withstand water and moisture. However, these flooring tiles may not be comfortable enough to the bare feet. You may have to install floor heaters.
- Stone Tiles—A very pretty choice for bathroom flooring, taking its aesthetics to a whole new different level. Natural stones like marble, slate, granite, and limestone bring life to dull bathroom. However, they require high level of maintenance to keep its beauty for a very long time. Also, it is quite pricey. This is mainly why more and more home and business owners renovating their bathrooms go for synthetic tiles instead.
- Wood Tiles – Hardwoods never fail to create that natural, warm, and rustic ambiance at home. However, they may not be the best choice for bathrooms since wood can easily be penetrated by water. Nevertheless, if want to achieve that natural wood look and feel, you may opt for synthetic tiles with hardwood colours and styles. It can do the trick.
- Glass Tiles – If you want to achieve the most contemporary looking bathroom, go for glass tiles. It makes bathroom appear brighter, wider, and colourful with its translucence. But materials and labour may cost you a lot, so better be ready. Truthfully though, glass tiles offer unparalleled beauty.
- Plastic Laminated Tiles – In terms of cost, these tiles are the cheapest. It comes with a wide array of designs and styles as well. While cheap, it is actually a better option than using hardwood on your bathroom flooring. It is easy to clean and maintain, and it could last long with proper installation. If you choose these tiles, go for the highest quality and waterproof one to ensure durability.
At Mornington Bathroom Renovation, we offer a comprehensive range of choices for bathroom tile flooring. If you are unsure about which tile flooring to choose, we will help you decide and we guarantee that we will install each piece perfectly. Know more about these amazing tile products. Talk to us today.